Sunday, March 23, 2008
We had a great weekend hunting for Easter eggs, dying Easter eggs, and eating lot's of candy. Unfortunately the most difficult task was not hiding or finding the eggs, it was trying to remember what we celebrate Easter for. On this sabbath day, as we put on our springy Sunday best and headed off to church, I tried to remember how truly blessed we are. I am so thankful for the sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ. I am grateful that he died for each one of us, and I find tremendous joy knowing that he lives again. How blessed we are to have the knowledge of a living Savior, and a plan that allows each of us to be resurrected one day. I only hope that I can remember his sacrifice everyday, and not only on these "special" days.
After spending the morning hunting plastic easter eggs, we decided to spend some time dying "real" easter eggs. The boys had a blast dip dying, and even hand painting their eggs. Daddy is the expert egg dyer, and had fun getting in on the act. It only took a half hour soak in the tub, followed by a shower to get the boys mostly clean. I am reminded that no matter how messy, these are memories in the making!
Wow, Don't my boys look happy? The excitement is more than they can handle! Of course, once the actual "hunting" began the promise of sugar brought smiles to their faces. We enjoyed the beautiful weather while running around looking for the coveted plastic eggs.
Aren't big brothers wonderful?! The other day I was on the phone for work, and trying to keep all the boys busy at the same time. I asked the boys to give Logan a few cheerios to keep him happy. When I saw him next he was surrounded by cheerios...on the floor, in his seat, in his diaper, everywhere! Brayden was taking his job very seriously! As you can see Logan was happy as a clam, so I suppose no harm done. It took about twenty minutes to get it all vacuumed, but hey, look at that smile on his face. Priceless!
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
We had a fun filled green day yesterday! As soon as Jake woke up he got himself dressed in green so that he wouldn't get pinched. He then proceeded to pinch the rest of us before we had a chance to get dressed. School was filled with leprechaun and pots of gold, and dinner was green macaroni and cheese made by daddy. Our final activity of the evening was dipping apples in chocolate that had magically turned green. The boys thought that was great! I think they each ate one apple slice before they started dipping their fingers in the chocolate. It was mayhem from that point, but a lot of fun. A nice warm bath took care of the green fingers and mustaches. I'm not sure we'll be doing that again!
Monday, March 10, 2008
Thanks Ang, for my first "tag"
1. What's his name? Chris
2. How long have you been married? Almost seven years
3. How long did you date? Well, we went to the senior prom "as friends", had long late night talks fairly often, but didn't technically start dating until 1998. We got married in 2001, but had two years of missions in between, so calculate how you like.
4. Who eats more sweets? Definitely me! He will usually pick an apple!
5. Who said I love you first? He did
6. Who is taller? HE IS!
7. Who can sing better? It probably depends on the day. We both love to sing!
8. Who is smarter? My husband has a photographic memory, but I definitely win on common sense.
9. Who does the laundry? I do
10. Who pays the bills? I used to, but now he does.
11. Who sleeps on the right side of bed? If you are standing at the foot of the bed, looking at the head, he does.
12. Who cooks dinner? Mostly me, unless I am at school. Luckily he is a great cook!
13. Who drives? Chris, unless he forgot his glasses.
14. Who is more stubborn? Depends on who you ask.
15. Who kissed who first? He kissed me!
16. Who asked who out first? His mom made him ask me.
17. Who proposed? He did, champagne bubbles!
18. Who wears the pants? All four of my boys know that Momma is the boss!
I will tag Whitney, Jacqui, And Caroline!
Friday, March 7, 2008
Well, we are finally "on the mend". After spending countless days at home because we were dangerous to the public, we have finally started going out again! We even hosted a "leap party" last Friday. It was lots of fun! Logan has a new ear infection, but at least that isn't contagious! My boys got very used to life in pj's, now they wish they didnt have to wear clothes at all. I am just happy to be getting out of the house again. We are hoping that we have had our fair share of illness for the winter. We can hardly wait for Spring!
I can hardly believe how big my "baby" is getting. As you can see I have three of my own "little men" at home. Time flies by so fast, I guess I shouldn't wish it away! Still, I am looking forward to warmer weather and a healthier family!